12.13.2010

Happiest Ever After: Planning for a Plan

Although, I was not the little girl that would sit and day dream hour-upon-hour about my prince charming and walking down the aisle in my big, stark-white, poofy, picture-perfect dress; I did have the thought a few times "OMG - the minute I get engaged I will be able to plan my wedding...no problem!"

You see, I am a planner by nature. By that I mean I have a plan and an itinerary for EVERYTHING...I even make a plan to make a plan to later make an itinerary and if you're lucky there will be a spreadsheet attached. So, when Kyle and I started talking about marriage you can only imagine the excitement that my OCD brain experienced - I knew the colors, the feel, the venue, even the added little touches. Then he popped the question...(a story that I love to tell over and over, so feel free to ask at any point or just read my previous post.)

But, it was like once he popped the question I lost my ability to plan. I mean I had the basics figured out, we had at least decided on a date, but I lacked any direction. I had no idea where to start, where to look, how to even map out a plan for a plan. Had I lost my planning mojo? 

So, with that being said the wedding planning is er, umm, underway?!? Stay tuned for continued coverage of our planning adventures...I'll do my best to keep it interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment