9.20.2010

irony at it's finest...

So, I set out to start a blog as a gift to myself for my BIG 3-0. It took a lot of life changes and nudges from the big man upstairs, but I finally did it...after stumping my big toe on rock bottom a few times. No, but really, I knew that in order to get over this hump, I had to "get over myself" and let go of a lot of my past hurts. So, I did just that in my initial blog post. Man, was that freeing and just what I needed. It's funny, because if you go back and read it you would think that I was on the road, a long one, to singledom - not that being single is a bad thing in any way - I was actually REALLY looking forward to it. Free drinks, holler!!

Well, apparently the Big Man Upstairs had something totally different in the little day planner of His. You see, not even a week after that Oh-So-Freeing post I was slapped in the face, but in a good way. I realized that my one and only, my forever soul mate had been right by my side for quite a while. I guess, like I said, it just took me getting over myself to see him standing right there, arms wide open and a heart so full of love ready to give me his all.

Hold on friends because I have a feeling it is gonna be a fun-filled adventure full of laughter, love and lots of changes!!

Cheers to getting over yourself and just living life!

No comments:

Post a Comment